posted on January 22, 2009 12:10
Doha Bank Announces 'Green Banking'
Doha Bank is always the First to launch innovative products and have initiated various challenges for Climate Change and Global Warming. Doha Bank has been applauded by the award for 'Best Green Bank in the Middle East' in 2008 by the Banker Middle East. Doha Bank has also signed MOU with Ecoinvest for three pronged areas - carbon emission risk management services, carbon emission advisory services and carbon emission credit origination services in India and Middle East markets.
Keeping our trend of innovativeness and contribution to green environment, Doha Bank is pleased to launch the 'Green Banking' concept. With the launch of 'Green Banking' we want to encourage each and every customer of Doha Bank to do their part to help save the environment. So what’s the Green Banking Concept all about? Green Banking comes with a bundle of benefits:-
- Cash Back of QR 50/- will be credited to all existing account holders shifting into Green.
- Cash Back of QR 10/- per month for a whole year will be credited to all new customers opening Green accounts.
- Rationalization of paper by giving free Access to do all the banking transactions through Internet Banking, SMS Banking, Phone Banking and ATM Banking.
- Free Electronic Bill Payment Services.
- E-Remit services for remitting funds to the customers' home country which is a unique service provided only by Doha Bank.
- E-Statement will be generated and sent to the customers' email
- Online Account opening form for opening Green Account.
- Free Access to Doha Sooq, the first of its kind E-Mall in Qatar.
- Free Merchant registration for first year in Doha Sooq E-Commerce Portal.
- Customer can opt for Go Green through various channels through DB Online Banking, Branches and Call Centre.
Mr. R Seetharaman CEO - Doha Bank Group during the press conference said that in addtion to all of the above convenient and environmentally friendly ways to do banking, customers will also reduce the use of pertrol causing carbon emissions in traffic jams if they use the alternative electronic methods for their banking services and reduce visits to the branches. In order to reward customers for their efforts, he said Green account holders would receive a cash incentive each month and much more exciting benefits. 'In addition, we will work closely with non-governmental organizations on environmental issues through energy-saving and recycling activities,' he said.
We would encourage each and every citizen of Qatar to participate in this drive and open Green Account with Doha Bank. Doha Bank Green Banking will be available starting Sunday 25th January 2009. For more details visit our Website www.dohabank.com.qa or Call 4456000.